Portland (Tigard), Oregon
Food + Beverage Innovations, LLC has developed Jevo, the first fully automated gelatin (aka jello) making machine. However, our business is more than just gelatin shots, it’s really about providing solutions that eliminate the manual process of making gelatin through innovation in our products, processes and technologies. Think about Jevo with vitamins & supplements for the fitness space, healthcare and even for the home!
After almost five years of product development, we are now ready to begin full-scale production and are looking to hire an Electro-Mechanical Technician who is a reliable and technically savvy team player.
Job Description: Production assembly, functional testing and trouble-shooting of Jevo systems.
Job Type: Full-time or part-time
- Assemble core components and sub-assemblies based on best practices including torque control, ESD safe handling, and attention to detail.
- Perform visual inspections of materials and assemblies using Quality Documentation
- Test assemblies prior to build out and perform functional testing on complete systems
- Assist in the set up and maintenance of functional test fixtures
- Must be able to read and comprehend engineering drawings, schematics, test/assembly instructions and Bills of Materials
- Fit, align and adjust components and assemblies within close tolerances. Communicate issues to Design and Management Team to drive continuous improvement.
- Create reports and communicate task status as requested by supervisor
- Perform general shop clean up and organization as required
- 1-2 years of electro-mechanical assembly experience preferred
- Experience debugging PCA’s and complex system products is a plus.
- Experience with ESD material handling practices and knowledge of IPC-A-610.
- Experience working in a product development, team oriented environment
- Ability to use basic troubleshooting tools like Multimeter & Oscilloscope
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Able to work within strict deadlines
- Able to interface well with all employees
- Able to commute to production facility in Portland, Oregon (Tigard)
Physical Demands: May need to lift up to 50 pounds and must be able to maneuver around production facility.
Non-Physical Demands: Part-time or full-time jobs available with possible overtime requirements for full-time position. Travel not anticipated.
Compensation: This is an hourly compensation position. Hourly rate negotiable depending on experience.
Send resume to HR@getjevo.com
Food and Beverage Innovations was founded in December 2012 in Portland, Oregon, when two entrepreneurs came together with the idea to simplify the messy, time-consuming process of making gelatin. Introducing Jevo, the first fully automated gelatin making machine.
Jeff Jetton and Tyler Williams founded Food and Beverage Innovations to provide solutions to the food and beverage industry that eliminate the manual process of making gelatin through innovation in product, process and technology. Jevo reduces the 4 to 5 hour process of making gelatin to about 10 minutes, resulting in 20 great tasting gelatin cups or gelatin shots in endless flavor profiles. Jevo is designed for commercial use in bars, restaurants, casinos, resorts, cruise lines, family entertainment centers and more, with the goal to expand into other markets, including home and healthcare, with future models of Jevo.
Jeff, the former founder, President and CEO of Auctionpay and Card Capture Services, has over 25 years experience in building successful technology based companies. Tyler has over 15 years of combined business experience, with 7 years owning and operating multiple restaurants and nightclubs including Bettie Ford, East Chinatown Lounge and Split Dine and Drink. Together, they form a dynamic entrepreneurial duo to bring Jevo to market.